Video and audio content can be similar in nature to guides or workbooks, providing instruction or information, except they are obviously delivered in different formats, allowing you to appeal to entirely different audiences. Plus, one of the most valuable forms of video and audio content is found in interviews.
It can often make a lot of sense to create training material in all 3 formats (print, video, and audio) in order to appeal to all of the various learning styles that exist.
The number one video sharing site is YouTube. In fact, YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine on the web, so creating video content can provide very valuable search engine results and added exposure.
- Instructional – how to videos can be very useful, as many of your followers will appreciate the visual when learning a new skill.
- Interviews – Interviews are a simple way to start and create content for a valuable series.
- Entertainment – funny videos get a lot of attention, but they have to be short and sweet, and can often be difficult to incorporate for business use.
For Example, if you are a social media marketing company, you might create a video that shows how to create a targeted Facebook Ad.
Another Example, if you are a business coach, you might create a video that interviews a business owner who made dramatic improvements in a short amount of time.
Here are some key components to creating a video for your business;
- Length – Videos should generally be between 2 and 5 minutes in length, depending on the nature of the content.
- Introduction – briefly tell your audience what your video will be about.
- Transcript – be sure to provide a copy of the transcript to recipients, or sync your transcript on YouTube.
- Action – try to incorporate some action in your video in order to retain viewer engagement.
- Closing – it’s always important to include your bio and contact information at the end of your video. In addition, you may have a specific ‘call to action’ or next step you wish the reader to take. YouTube even allows you to incorporate clickable links within your videos.
You want your videos to appear professional, therefore editing will likely be necessary. Camtasia is inexpensive video editing software that is available for both Mac and PC users.
The biggest benefit to audio content is that it allows users to multi-task. This is the reason that podcasts are becoming so popular. Users can be working, doing laundry, at the gym, or doing a variety of other activities while consuming your content.
This also means that audio content can be substantially longer in length by comparison to videos. Audios can easily be anywhere from 15 to 60 minutes in duration.
- Interviews – Interviews are a great way to start and create content for a valuable audio series.
- Instructional – audios that describe a process can be very valuable for your audience.
For Example, if you are a social media marketing company, you might create an audio that describes the importance and best practices in creating engagement on Facebook.
Another Example, if you are a business coach, you might create an audio that interviews a business owner who made dramatic improvements in a short amount of time.
For detailed instruction and guidance on starting a podcast, we recommend Podcast Launch by John Dumas of Entrepreneur on Fire.
Video and Audios are both very valuable resources for promoting and building your business, and we will discuss these in more detail in the future.
It may also be beneficial to review our series on repurposing content for additional ideas on creating interesting material.
Feel free to post any questions or comments about creating audios and videos, or contact us if you need help creating your own content for YouTube and Podcasts.