Have you established your 2013 goals and resolutions yet? As you start 2013 with great ambitions, it’s important to set yourself up for success.
Here are some tips to help you accomplish your goals:
- Put it in writing – putting anything in writing makes it easier to reflect on, build on, and share. Plus, it holds you more accountable and is more difficult to forget.
- Make a timeline – give your goals definition by mapping out the steps and projected time needed for completion. This exercise usually works best when you ‘start with the end in mind,’ utilizing backwards planning.
- Make a budget – not all things revolve around money, but those that do need a budget.
- Schedule time – make time in your regular schedule to revisit your goals and be sure you’re working toward achieving them. This may lead you to review your entire schedule and see where better systems need to be implemented.
- Collaborate – two heads are better than one! Find a group, mentor, coach, partner, etc… who can help you brainstorm, problem solve, and offer additional insight.
One of my goals for 2013 is to blog weekly. My desire is to build up to twice a week. In order to do this, I will have to be diligent about setting aside time to write.
Please share your 2013 goals and how you plan to achieve them!