If you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you’ve probably have heard that an Operating System update is available, known as iOS 6. What does this mean? It means that apple has developed some improvements to the technology that runs your devices. All you have to do is download this update to get the new features.
What are some of the biggest changes?
- Facebook Integrations – Facebook is now a lot more connected to your device, and not just through the app. Events and birthdays are now added to your calendar, you can share pictures right from your camera roll, post websites directly from Safari, and contact information will include Facebook data as well.
- Panoramic Photos – you can now take panoramic pictures, using the camera and selecting Panoramic under options.
- New Maps – the maps have changed, there’s now a 3D view and the content is supposed to be improved However, this change may still have a way to go.
- Passbook Introduced – Apple has introduced a digital way to keep tack of boarding passes, movie tickets, store loyalty cards, and coupons. This is a brilliant idea, although it may take a while for merchants to get up to speed. For now, PassSource is a site where you can create digital versions of cards in your wallet.
- Better FaceTime – FaceTime now works over a cellular connection as well as a wifi connection.
Some other less glamorous updates include; a new display for the app store and during app updates, new sharing options for images, the loss of YouTube (don’t worry you can get it back by downloading the app), the ability to do more than just answer or ignore an incoming call, and a VIP mail box. Plus everything syncs over iCloud for a rather seamless experience from one device to another.
For more details on all the updates that you get with the new iOS 6, check out with Apple has to say.