Every business (and business owner) needs tools to get the job done. Small businesses need especially versatile tools, that they can easily master and that offer the necessary value.
Marketecs provides business support, so many of the tools that we use are software based or allow us to access the software that we use.
Here are 4 of the tools that we use most often, and really couldn’t operate without;
- Smart Phone – Not just a phone, but a miniature computer! We use the iPhone. It allows us to access the Internet, e-mail, social media sites, and so much more from almost anywhere! We can download applications that allow us to view and alter Microsoft Office documents, make calls via VOIP, scan QR Codes, and an endless number of other geeky yet useful things.
- Laptop – A notebook computer is really essential for any company, but completely unavoidable for a virtual entreprenuer! To be able to complete work virtually, you have to be accessible and able to respond efficiently. A laptop ensures that it is possible to meet work demands from (almost) anywhere. And because of the superior battery life and securty features, we did become Mac adopters a few years back…
- Scanner – Green is gold! Being able to scan and e-mail documents, instead of faxing or snail mailing is another necessity. This improves productivity and creates less waste. Plus you can then store your documents electronically and save valuable office space. However, if you have that smart phone we mentioned above, then this list just got smaller, because there’s an app for this. 🙂
- External Drive – Back-up is King! With all of our electronic documents and important e-mails, we need to make sure we are protecting our assets appropriately. With an external hard drive, we can create protected and encrypted back-up files quickly and easily. We chose the Western Digital My Passport Elite. And for the digital nomads in the audience, there are a number of cloud solutions that might suite you better.
- Bluetooth Headset – Multi-tasking is easier when your hands are free, so our 5th and final cool tool for this post is the hands-free Bluetooth headset. There are many versions, at various prices, but they are an essential for note taking, typing, driving, and other tasks without missing a call. We have used a very basic Jabra that does the trick quite nicely.
Please feel free to share if you have any other business tools that you can’t live without, or if you have questions about any that we have listed.
For product reviews and prices, we recommend cnet.com.
Need help getting organized and being productive? Please Contact Us for help with Project Support and Business Development!