For the second year, we are making our annual goals known to the public, and using this blog to help keep us on track and accountable.
Looking back at 2013 –
We all made a lot of progress in 2013, as a company, as a team, and as individuals. I know for a fact that several of our team members grew their own businesses by leaps and bounds in 2013, and I am so proud of them and happy to have helped where I could! I’m also excited to share that Strategic Office Support made substantial improvements in 2013. There were some great victories and some small failures (that we/I learned from).
Our primary goals for 2013 were rebranding and partnering. Rebranding was accomplished in the first quarter, and partnering has steadily increased and improved throughout the year.
Here are some of the numbers;
- Strategic Office Support exceeded $55,000 in income in 2013!
- Saw a 25% increase in retainer income
- And an 80% increase in project income
- Sub-contracting averaged 40% of our billable hours
Additional facts and accomplishments;
- Implemented a new and successful project management system, TeamWorkPM
- Gained national exposure through a variety of publications, including Yahoo!
- Increased blogging to once per week, which has drastically improved web traffic.
- Launched www.BecomeAVA.com – although it’s been a slow start
- Designed and executed the Virtual Entrepreneurs Mastermind Group. Here are the details: http://www.becomeava.com/mastermind-group/
- Plus, I Had my second child, a healthy baby boy, in November!
Looking forward to 2014 –
So, what are the ambitions for 2014? We have been considering the concepts of growth versus improvement, quality versus quantity. We would like to see continued growth in 2014, however there has to be a balance.
Here is the plan;
- Be more targeted in marketing and acquisition efforts, focusing on business coaches as our #1 niche.
- Increase retainer income by 30% – increasing slightly on the current growth trend.
- Average at least one individual project per month – a mix of small and large scale projects, focusing on websites, marketing, and project management opportunities.
- Increase sub-contracting slightly to 50%, while focusing on quality and fine tuning the process in order to avoid errors, duplication, and oversight.
- Focus a majority of our work on marketing related tasks, and all of the strategy and formatting that are incorporated in executing these activities.
- And personally, I would like to take a real vacation, a week (maybe 2) that does not include delivering a baby. 🙂
Ongoing from 2013;
- Product development – trainings, reports, and guides for entrepreneurs – this may also include writing a book…
- Continuing to develop and build BecomeAVA.com in order to help others be successful as virtual professionals and entrepreneurs.
So, there you have it. Where we’ve been and where we’re going in the next 12 months.
Now, I’d love to hear from you! What are your goals for 2014? Personally? Professionally? And how can we help?!?!
Images courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net